We’re really happy to welcome you all to Year 1. We hope our year group page provides useful information so you can get the best out of Year 1.
The Year 1 Team
Knowledge organisers are a summary of the key facts, vocabulary and knowledge that children will be learning about in a unit of work.
- BBC Bitesize – a wealth of video links, programmes, quizzes and activities related to the aspects of the curriculum.
- Oak National Academy has ‘maths mastery’ video lessons each week. The lessons cover children in Reception through to Year 10 and are free to access. The resources are easy to access, with no account or log in required.
- Hit the Button – a maths game that is good for number bonds to 10, doubling, halving, multiplication and division
- Numberblocks – sing along, learn all about numbers and develop key mathematical ideas with the BBC Numberblocks.
- White Rose Maths Y1 is producing a daily lesson video, with demonstrations and examples for children to complete in their exercise books. This link will take you to the Year 1 page.
- Storyline Online – this wonderful resource streams videos featuring celebrated actors reading children’s books alongside creatively produced illustrations.
- Oxford Owl – including eBooks from Read Write Inc., Oxford Reading Tree, and Project X Alien Adventures. All the eBooks are free to use, but you will need to register or log in. Please note these eBooks are best viewed on a computer, laptop, or tablet.
- The Children’s Poetry Archive – an archive of spoken poetry recordings. Children can listen to poems read out loud. Poems for Nu