We’re really happy to welcome you all to Year 3 and Key Stage 2. The move to the Juniors allows children to take more responsibility over their own learning and develop greater independence. A key focus will be to build the children’s educational stamina to get the most out of the Year 3 National Curriculum and keep pace with expectations. We will also aim to have lots of fun along the way with some fantastic topics to study!
The Year 3 Team
Knowledge organisers are a summary of the key facts, vocabulary and knowledge that children will be learning about in a unit of work.
- BBC Bitesize – a wealth of video links, programmes, quizzes and activities related to the aspects of the curriculum.
- BBC Learning Zone – great for history, geography, science and personal development.
- Oak National Academy has ‘maths mastery’ video lessons each week. The lessons cover children in Reception through to Year 10 and are free to access. The resources are easy to access, with no account or log in required.
- Hit the Button – a maths game that is good for number bonds to 10, doubling, halving, multiplication and division
- White Rose has short videos showing you clearly and simply how to help your child complete the activities successfully for each unit of work.
- BBC Dancemat – a fun way to learn touch typing.
- Storyline Online – this wonderful resource streams videos featuring celebrated actors reading children’s books alongside creatively produced illustrations.
- Oxford Owl – including eBooks from Read Write Inc., Oxford Reading Tree, and Project X Alien Adventures. All the eBooks are free to use, but you will need to register or log in. Please note these eBooks are best viewed on a computer, laptop, or tablet.
- The Children’s Poetry Archive – an archive of spoken poetry recordings. Children can listen to poems read out loud. Poems for Nursery to Year 6.