Welcome to Reception! We are having a wonderful time welcoming the children into SMSP and getting to know them. On our page you will find useful documents, links, and news to help you get the most out of the year.
The Reception Team
- Hungry little minds – ‘Simple, fun activities for kids, from new-born to five’
- Skip for educators – A Parent’s Guide to Promoting Early Learning and Development at Home (0 – 5 years) Supporting Families during the Coronavirus Pandemic
- Numberblocks – sing along, learn all about numbers and develop key mathematical ideas with the BBC Numberblocks
- ICT Games – free online maths games
- IXL maths – dozens of reception maths skills to explore and learn
- Balloon pop math – count the balloons by popping them in order 1-20 or 20-1
- White Rose Maths is producing a daily lesson video, worksheet and answers for maths home learning. This link will take you to the EYFS page.
Literacy & Phonics
- Alphablocks – watch as the letters of the alphabet tell stories and make words using phonics
- www.oxfordowl.co.uk – free e-books for your child to access and more
- readingeggs.co.uk – an app to support your child with reading, there is a 30-day free trial
- DfE’s daily phonics lessons – Reception Letters and Sounds Phonics lessons teach children to read letters and begin to blend to read words.
- Phonicsplay – free phonics games for phase 1 and 2