Welcome to Reception! We are having a wonderful time welcoming the children into SMSP and getting to know them. On our page you will find useful documents, links, and news to help you get the most out of the year.
The Reception Team
Knowledge organisers are a summary of the key facts, vocabulary and knowledge that children will be learning about in a unit of work.
- Hungry little minds – ‘Simple, fun activities for kids, from new-born to five’
- Skip for educators – A Parent’s Guide to Promoting Early Learning and Development at Home (0 – 5 years) Supporting Families during the Coronavirus Pandemic
- Numberblocks – sing along, learn all about numbers and develop key mathematical ideas with the BBC Numberblocks
- ICT Games – free online maths games
- IXL maths – dozens of reception maths skills to explore and learn
- Balloon pop math – count the balloons by popping them in order 1-20 or 20-1
- White Rose Maths is producing a daily lesson video, worksheet and answers for maths home learning. This link will take you to the EYFS page.
Literacy & Phonics
- Oxford Owl – free e-books for your child to access and more